Pages

8.20.2010

I Will Tell Them

I am sitting still
I think of Angelique
Her mother's voice over me
And the bullets in the wall where it fell silent
And on a thousands hill, I think of Albertine
There in her eyes what I don't see with my own
Rwanda

Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are

I am on a plane across a distant sea

But I carry you in me

and the dust on, the dust on, the dust on my feet
Rwanda


I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word

I will tell them Albertine


I am on a stage, a thousand eyes on me
I will tell them, Albertine
I will tell them, Albertine 


I will tell them, Benson.

I will tell them, Peter.

I will tell them, Denise.

I will tell them, Abel.

I will tell them, Victor.

I will tell them, Elijah.

I will tell them, Rahab.

I will tell them, Hannah.

I will tell them, Stella.

I will tell them, Lillian.

To the children in Rafiki Village Kenya - I will tell them.

I will tell them of your matchless love for Jesus, even at 4-years old.  I will tell them how you pray prayers so selflessly and without thought to your own needs.  I will tell them of how you love to learn, how your minds are like little sponges.  I will tell them of how you make me weep over your purity and innocence, how the faith you possess is deeper than any faith I have ever known.  I will tell them of your longings to be pilots, pastors, doctors, and teachers.  I will tell them of your dreams for Kenya and how you proudly sing its national anthem every morning before school.  I will tell them of how you make me laugh at your silliness and joyful spirit.  I will them what it's like to hold your little hand in mine and marvel at the sovereignty of  God in a land and in a country that often seems as though God forgot it.  I will tell them how you consider all 91 children in the village your brothers and sisters though you may not be related by blood.  I will tell them how you sing hymns from the very depths of your heart, so off-key and so very loud.  I will tell them of a God whose grace has abounded in the hearts of young Kenyan orphans.   

I will tell them.

Now that I have seen, I am responsible.

I will tell them where I've been because I carry you in me and in the dust on my feet.

I will keep my word.


5 comments:

Jess said...

I cried when I read this Court. I'm praying for you and for them.

Anonymous said...

Courtney...it is amazing how quickly we forget all that we have without being thankful! Thank you for reminding me! Thanks for your witness! Love you, Mom

Deb Love said...

Yes, Courtney, tell them....tell us....tell me.....we need to know. Your blog is such a story....thank you!

Anonymous said...

Wow. As christians we DO have the responsiblity to tell the world...tell them about the love of Jesus, the needs of his people, and God's healing grace. Amazing song and an amazing message. Thanks for sharing! Your trip looks like it has blessed you as much as you have blessed the people with your love and service. Praying for you! --Amanda Houp

Jackie said...

Beautiful. We miss you Court, but I love to see how God works through you!