“When you have come to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.” - Patrick Overton
Mmm. Such a good reminder. I think I'm just about on that edge. So many nerves. So many fears. So many what-ifs and uncertainties and not enough space for all of my snacks. I keep thinking of Susan Sarandon in the movie Elizabethtown (one of my all-time favorite movies - see it as soon as you can): "All forward motion counts."
All forward motion counts at this point. Pack. Get to the airport. Get on the plane. Find your seat. Make your connections. Get to Nairobi. Get to the village. Find those smiling faces. Hold on tight. And find life on the other side of the world. Forward motion counts.
My bags are nearly by the door. Few last items to pack. Weigh them to make sure they are under 50 pounds. Get some sleep. Wake up and find out if there's something solid to stand on or if I'm going to find out what it means to fly.
1 comment:
RYAN LOVES ELIZABETHTOWN!!!!! And I still haven't seen it. :|
Prayers, prayers, and more prayers for you!!!!
Post a Comment