This is the part where I'm supposed to figure out how to exit gracefully. I don't know that there is much that I could say that could fully encompass all that these last two months have meant to me. The one thought that keeps lingering, here at the end of this particular journey to Kenya, comes from C.S. Lewis in the book A Severe Mercy. It is a quote I have often returned to as I pass through so many seasons of life. It is appropriate now, as well.
When it came time to part, [C.S. Lewis] insisted that they keep in touch and
then said with a cheerful grin, "We'll certainly meet again here or
there." The two friends shook hands and Lewis made his way across the
busy highway. Then he turned to [Sheldon] Vanauken, raised his voice above the
traffic, grinned and shouted, "Besides, Christians never say goodbye."
To my sweet Kenyan friends, we never have to worry about saying goodbye, for if it is not in this lifetime that we should ever cross paths again, it will surely be when we meet our Savior.
1 comment:
Have loved reading your posts - God has great things in store!
Post a Comment