Taking photos in our household is an ordeal usually. Every Christmas - and I do mean every - my mother insisted on getting a photo of my brothers and I in the stairwell before we could come down and see our presents. It used to drive us insane - and probably still does if we're totally honest - getting these photos taken. Not because we were in such a sure-fire hurry to get to your presents but because my brothers and I are not fans of making a fuss of things and my mother can be quite the opposite sometimes. Maybe "fuss" isn't the right word. We just don't like having our picture taken, quite simply. It's an extra step we could do without.
However, that inevitable moment comes when I've had to look at my mom and genuinely say, "I'm glad you took all those photos." Trust me, I've had to eat my words on more than one occasion regarding the matter.
But if I didn't like taking photos, then my brothers definitely did not like having their photo taken. For any reason. At any time. But something strange happens when you get married, when you have kids, when you buy your first house. You suddenly want to have your pictures taken and maybe don't mind it quite as much. Because maybe you know how important those photos are and will be.
So, in the spirit of engagements and weddings and all that that entails, my middle brother, Josh, recently had to shoot his engagement photos. An entire photo shoot of just him and his fiancee. The things we do for the ones we love.
But either way, after the shoot ColumbusBride.com picked up a recent article that featured Josh and Megan's photos, their story, and the photographer behind the shoot.
Even before the dress search, cake tasting and honeymoon planning get under way, you and your fiancee likely will head out to pose for an engagement portrait. You'll want some great shots of the two of you to send to friends and family, you'll need a photo to send to local newspapers along with your engagement announcement, and you'll definitely want some keepsake shots that will always remind you of this special time in your life.
For many couples, the engagement-photo session is the first time they've ever posed for an official portrait together. But don't worry — it doesn't have to be a stuffy affair.
"We had so much fun with Courtney on our engagement session," says bride-to-be Megan, who was photographed with fiancee Josh by Courtney Mason of Courtney Mason Photography. "She truly has a talent; we really felt like she captured our love for each other. Courtney captured our personalities perfectly also. We are two country kids who just like to relax and enjoy each other's company." The two were photographed in Homestead Park in Hilliard in late May.
"When I am in a consultation with a prospective client, I always stress how important I feel the engagement session is," says Mason. "Not only is it a great way for them to see how I work and learn a little more about my shooting style, but it is also a wonderful opportunity for the three of us — bride, groom and photographer — to get to know each other better and really grow our relationship."
Megan and Josh met during their sophomore year of high school at a youth group at their church. They dated throughout high school, and though they went their separate ways in college, they always stayed in touch.
Their relationship resumed about a year and a half ago. "I emailed Josh out of the blue to catch up and make amends as friends," Megan says. "We met for dinner shortly after that, and soon realized the romance had never died for either of us."
Josh's proposal was a sweet surprise. "One snowy Sunday evening in December 2010, Josh picked me up for dinner. As he walked me to the passenger side of his pickup truck, he said he had found the pen I lost earlier that week and put it in his glove box. He opened my door and I opened the glove box as soon as I got in, expecting to find my favorite pen. To my surprise and excitement, I found taped to the inside of the glove box two pieces of paper that read ‘I love you Megan! Will you marry me?' with the ring in the ring box propped up next to them. I screamed and smiled and hugged and kissed him like crazy — and finally said yes!"
The couple plan to wed at Darby House on Sunday, Sept. 25. "Our pastor will be coming to perform the ceremony. Courtney is obviously our photographer, and we are so excited! The Darby House and Cameron Mitchell Catering have both been wonderful to work with. We chose the Darby House because it's out quite a ways from city life, yet it is still very classy and elegant," Megan says.
"What we are most looking forward to about our wedding is finally being married and finally being able to start our lives together," she adds. "A love story a long time in the making: 10+ years! But we know the Lord orchestrated every part and we each had a lot to learn before we could learn to love each other the way we needed to."

No comments:
Post a Comment