Pages

6.12.2011

Bed Spectacles

This past week hasn't been a whole lot of fun.  My back decided that now would be a convenient time to be in a constant state of pain, leaving me frustrated and limited.  For whatever reason, I woke up last Monday morning and pretty much ever since it hurts to do just about anything - walk, stand, sit, drive, etc.  Although, as my friend Alex pointed out - it could be worse.  This could have happened a year ago when I was moving back from Missouri and getting ready to catch a plane to Africa.  Good point, my friend.  My cousin and I had plans to go to Kings Island for the day on Friday but I told him there's no way I'm getting on a roller coaster at this point because I'll probably never be able to walk again if I do. 

But amidst all the pain, what I have wanted more than anything is a pair of bed spectacles.  What are those, you ask? Well, if you have ever seen the movie The Bucket List, you know exactly what I'm talking about.   Jack Nicholson wears a pair in the movie and nearly every single time this week when I've been either flat on the floor or laying on my bed trying to watch TV, I always think, "Man, those bed spectacles would be so handy right about now."  No matter how crazy they make you look.   I mean, who doesn't need a pair of bed spectacles at least once in their life, right? :)

No comments: