Pages

5.26.2010

A Country Song for Every Season

I am convinced that there is a country song for every season of life. I’ve already got a couple years of college mapped out and if I thought about it long enough, I could probably figure out the rest. This season is no exception. In order to celebrate my recent completion of my MBA program, I present to you Montgomery Gentry’s song, “Hell yeah!”

She's got an MBA and a plush corner office
She's got a don't mess with me attitude
She'll close a deal she don't reveal that she can't fill
The loneliness the emptiness
Except when she comes in here
She's the product of the Me generation
She's got a rock and roll side when you get her agitated
She got the tattoo there on her derriere from a spring break dare
In Panama where love was all she thought she'd ever need

She yells out to the band
Know any Bruce Springsteen
Then she jumps up on the bar
And she, and she starts to scream
She says

Hell yeah!


A few things to note, however, about this song:
1. I don’t have a plush corner office. I have a closet. With no windows.
2. Don’t think the loneliness, emptiness really applies to me.
3. Definitely a product of the Me generation. Hello Millenials!
4. I’m not sure what a rock and roll side looks like when somebody gets agitated, but I’m going to assume I don’t have one.
5. And definitely no tattoos. I spent my spring breaks at home.
6. I think the only song I’ll be yelling out by Bruce Springsteen is “Born in the U.S.A.”

So really, about the only lines that apply are “She’s got an MBA…..and she says “HELL YEAH!”

:)

1 comment:

Tara Beachy said...

I love this Courtney!!! In two weeks from yesterday, I'm going to be shouting "hell yeah, I have an MBA too" right along with you. Praying all is well with you and blessings in your travels to Africa.