"The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man." Winston Churchill
I forgot how right it feels to be on the back of a horse. I went trail riding with a friend of mine yesterday for about an hour and a half. My body hates me (it hurts to sit down) but my heart is satisfied.
I can't honestly remember the last time I went horseback riding. I know it's been at least a couple of years. When you've spent over a decade of your life staring at the world between a horse's ears, two years is a long time to be away. I've never regretted my decision to walk away from something that I thought I would pursue as a profession, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a part of me - and will always be. I think when you ride for as long as I did, it gets in your blood and in your heart. I think there will come a day when I will ride and show again, but for now I'm content to enjoy it from afar and occasionally hop on a horse every now and then.
The outside of a horse is definitely good for the inside of this woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment