It seems I can never quite get enough of that place, particularly Jackson Hole. Just stunning. There's always some small part of me that feels like I'm home when I'm there. I just love it.
I made it out recently for the annual fall arts festival, which was celebrating it's 35th anniversary. And since I'm turning 35 myself in a few short weeks, I thought it only natural to celebrate the milestone in my favorite place. My mom and a friend of our family also went with me for this girls' trip, and we had a fabulous time. Words could never do the place justice, and I'm not sure pictures will either, but here are a select few photos highlighting our adventures.
![]() |
| I absolutely love watching sunrise over the Yellowstone Lake at West Thumb. We were practically the only ones there, and it was glorious. |
![]() |
| This buffalo surprised us a bit. We were coming down the hill after hiking up to the Grand Prismatic overlook and he appeared out of the tree line, munching on some grass. |
![]() |
| I wore no less than two layers, sometimes three, most days, which I loved. We were out hiking near Leigh Lake where I could finally catch a few patches of the sun's rays and warm up a bit. |
![]() |
| I usually drink a grand total of two amaretto sours a year. I drank this year's allotment in one week. Nothing like a good amaretto sour with a view of the Tetons. |
![]() |
| We took a tour of 4 homes in Jackson in their Showcase of Homes. Oh.my.stars. So this is how the other half lives. One home we walked through was valued at $10 million. Ten.million.dollars. My mind can't even conceive. And almost all of them were not primary residences. |
![]() |
| Schwabacher's Landing is a favorite of mine. We caught sunset there one night, and I got some of my best photos there. |
![]() |
| Selfies always feel ridiculous to me (see also my first trip to Wyoming with a series of epic selfie-fails), so I took this one mainly for my own entertainment. This is my pensive, mountain-admiring, contemplative look, like I'm trying to be ultra-serious and reflective. I think my selfie-game has improved since the first trip, yes? |








1 comment:
Definitely a special trip from beginning to end! Pictures don't do the mountains and scenery justice that's why you have to go! God has so blessed us with his beautiful creation!
Thanks for taking me with you!
Love you, MOM
Post a Comment