Pages

10.14.2013

MIA

I know, I've been a little MIA.  I apologize.  A lot has been happening since I last wrote:

I worked ten days straight, not thinking I should take a vacation day somewhere in there after the training I was coordinating.  I made a note to myself for next year's training: take the Monday off after training.

My best friend, Alex, got married.  Most amazing wedding ceremony ever. Loved everything about it.

I watched my other friend, Jenna, walk down the aisle via Skype.  I couldn't be in two places at once and her wedding was in Tulsa one day after Alex's so I had to resort to technology in order to witness the occasion.

I got sick with a sinus infection for the umpteenth time this year. Pesky things.  I slept so much I thought somebody had given me a tranquilizer dart.  

I went to a Ben Rector concert last week in Cincinnati which was stellar.  This was a rather spontaneous decision made the day before the concert.  Matt Wertz and Chris Tomlin are later this week.  Three concerts in 8 days.  And I don't even like concerts normally.

My car turned over 100,000 miles.  The doors didn't fall off, alarms didn't sound, the tires didn't go flat nor did all the bolts come flying off when I hit that magical number.  This baby is fully paid for so I intend on running it into the ground before I ever see the likes of another vehicle, and God help me - I don't ever want to see another car payment again in my life.  If I can't pay cash for it then I guess I better be finding me a camel to rent to get to work.

I paid off my student loan - which means I am officially debt free!  Dave Ramsey would be proud.

I celebrated my birthday.  I preferred to skim over it and started planning my own birthday party for next year when I hit a big one.  Current plans include Vancouver, Alaska, or Ireland.  I am open to other suggestions.

I have been inundated with new music, including the new Civil Wars album.  I am obsessed with the song "Dust to Dust" and "Eavesdrop."  I also have the new albums from Matt Wertz, Ben Rector, Shane and Shane, Bethel Music and Tyrone Wells.

I have been considering chopping off my hair.  Like Anne Hathaway, post-Les Mis short.  That is if I don't chicken out.  I'm itching for change.  And since moving to another city or finding another job just isn't very practical at the moment, I am simply aiming for a new hairstyle.

Those are the cliff notes.  When I come up for air again, you'll be the first to know.   

No comments: