I think my new favorite hobby may be embossing things. I have had this painting in my head for months now (probably since last November) and when I tried to hand-write the quote on it, it just didn't look right. I had never embossed anything before, but I knew in order to get the look right, I would need to figure out how to do it. So I bought some slow-drying ink and embossing powder, thinking I could get away with just using a blow dryer to apply the heat. Nope. Needed to find a legit heat gun. So I've been on the hunt to find a cheap one. Thank you, JoAnn Fabrics, for having an awesome sale today because I finally found one on sale. Cost me a whopping $10. Watched a few how-to videos on YouTube and we are good to go.
I came home and pulled the painting out. I had already painted the background and the gold lines, it just needed the quote added. I hand-stamped the letters, dumped some embossing powder on it, shook off the excess and applied heat. Voilà. Okay, so some of my letters and lines are crooked, but in this instance I don't care because I am so jazzed about the final product and the fact that I didn't do something crazy like burn a hole through the canvas on my first attempt.
I came home and pulled the painting out. I had already painted the background and the gold lines, it just needed the quote added. I hand-stamped the letters, dumped some embossing powder on it, shook off the excess and applied heat. Voilà. Okay, so some of my letters and lines are crooked, but in this instance I don't care because I am so jazzed about the final product and the fact that I didn't do something crazy like burn a hole through the canvas on my first attempt.
This stuff is magic. And I might be obsessed.

1 comment:
that looks awesome!
Post a Comment