Pages

8.09.2012

Love Notes

Little Hannah leaned over just before dinner and slipped a folded up piece of paper into my hand.  You would have thought she was on a top secret mission the way she made the hand-off, double-checking to see who was looking.  I thanked her and told her I would open it later.  She sat quietly next to me for the rest of dinner.  We wrapped up and I walked back to the guest house.  When I unfolded her note, I read this:

"Daer Cotney, I love you veyy much I am graying (backwards "p") for you I hope you are doing a wonberful lob (backwards "j") you are smart Thank you for your and love care I am your frend." 

Ah, sweet Hannah, you more than made up for my bad day yesterday, misspelled words and all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God always puts the right people in our life. Thank Hannah for me...because I couldn't be there to hug you! Love you...bunches! Mom

Erica said...

Ahhhh, I LOVE this! The neater than neat handwriting TOTALLY overrides the spelling errors. :)

I want to meet Hannah- I've always loved a good note passer. ;)

Love you and hugs from Missouri... <3

Deb Love said...

God can and does use so many different people to bless us in unusual ways, does He not? You are constantly in my heart and thoughts. Love you! Deb