It's been awhile since I carved a few pumpkins. My right arm certainly knew that it had been awhile considering it felt like it was going numb after just ten minutes of trying to carve out part of Mickey Mouse's ear. Now, I'm not a big fan of Halloween in general. I think the holiday could go away all together and we'd be better off without it. However, I do love fall and all things that go along with fall - cider, sweaters, scarves, football, changing leaves, pumpkins, etc. Thus, the pumpkin carving party I had with my niece and Nick's little sister.
I really didn't want to have a pumpkin that had a particular Halloween theme - no spooky ghosts, or "trick or treat," or anything like that. So we went with Mickey. My mom loves Disney and I wasn't feeling partial to any particular concept myself, so I figured why not. We made a pit stop at a local pumpkin farm, where we carefully (and quickly - since it was pretty chilly that day) selected our pumpkins, grabbed our carving kits, printed out our patterns, and dove in.
Grace had opted for a Perry the Platypus pattern. If you are a Phineas and Ferb fan (unlike myself), then you'll know that Perry is one of the characters from the show. This is not a show that I happen to be well-acquainted with so I wasn't entirely sure what Perry the Platypus would look like, I was just informed that he was blue.
This is what Perry the Platypus should look like:

And this is what Perry the Platypus looks like on a pumpkin, Grace's version:

No comments:
Post a Comment